6. Black Sex-Link hen

1. Dominique hen
2. Easter Egger... perhaps banty?
3. White Plymouth Rock hen
4. Golden-Laced Wyandotte hen
5. Production Red hen
6. Barnevelder hen

Last edited:
hold up here, on pic #1 people are saying Dominique hen but that is no rose comb. The EE and the GLW have rose combs. The #1 hen has a number of points on her comb, almost looks like two rows (not sure what kind of comb you call that). I can't say what #1 is but I can say that I doubt it's a Dominique unless Doms have a different type of rose comb than other breeds.

EE- pea comb
Dominique-rose comb
16_09.GIF
/www.agen.ufl.edu/

OK, I know that roos have a much more prominent rose comb but I always thought the hen's combs were much smaller. I'm just starting in Wyandottes and I've never seen a comb like that on a hen. Do Dominique hens have those large combs? If so I can't imagine what the roo would look like!

The size of the comb depended on the breed. There is large rosecomb-egg layer breeds : Hamburg, Ancona(rose & single ), Leghorn(rose & single ), Minorca(rose & single ), medium rose comb in Dominique, Rhode Island(rose & single ), Rhode Island white, Dorking (rose & single ) and Little at Wyandottes, Barbu d'Anvers.

Dominique hen:
HWE1422.jpg
backyardchickens.com
dom2bg.jpg
www.cornerstonefarm.ne

Dominique rooster:
dominique_Rooster_STD.jpg
www.cacklehatchery.com

here are some pictures of my birds I got can anyone tell me (in english please don't know abev yet) what they are beside chickens
lau.gif
!! hen and roos is all I know. what is the difference between a pullet and a hen

great now how do I post pictures??
barnie.gif
ok calm down no more ruffeled fathers I got it
24627_101_0030.jpg
24627_101_0031.jpg
24627_101_0032.jpg
24627_101_0028.jpg
24627_101_0027.jpg
24627_101_0026.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom