What breeds do I have?

Sounds like you might have Mooreheads (more specifically, Schmalkalden Mooreheads)?
attachment.php

I Believe The Bottom Pic Is A Roller Flying Tippler Longer Legs Much Leaner Bird For Long Time Flying Go To Npausa.com The National Pigeon Assn. Site Find Links To Different Clubs And Pics

Quote:
Got excited when I looked them up, but mine are clean legged and the cowls are not a big. Man those are beautiful birds though.

Does it sound like they are mixed. The colors match exactly.

South German Mooreheads are clean-legged. I can't find any pictures on the internet of them, but they look basically the same, with a shell crest instead of a mane.

Nuns are more common in the US, and are a possibility like you mentioned.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anpa-pigeons/4837289364/in/set-72157624439653393/

There's also Helmets
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anpa-pigeons/4837288830/in/set-72157624439653393/

And of course, mixes are always possible. I can't think of any other breeds that fit the description.

AHHHH
I think they're Helmets!

After seeing the Mooreheads I wish I had those. I love those feathered feet.

So happy I know what they are now.

Thank YOU!

No problem!
big_smile.png
Mooreheads are definitely pretty birds. Helmets are great too though
smile.png
The show quality birds are more plump and chubby looking like in those pictures, but a lot of people have more slender looking ones as well.

I really need to start getting pics taken somehow.

These guys are pretty plump, but not sure if they are as plump as the one in the pic. Think so though.

I can't believe I bought pigeons. I've liked watching Homers over the years when anyone nearby has had them, but truthfully once I got older I just didn't care for them. I grew up in the Bay Area and wild pigeons are everywhere. My adult experience with them is to duck.

Just thought these 2 were so pretty. What are they used for other than show?

Back
Top Bottom