What breeds do Rhode Island Reds get along with?

I added barred rock, easter egger, white leghorn, orpington, and red sex link to my original 6 chickens. I have 3 RIR and 3 RIR mixes. They were 11 weeks when I got the others. I tried introducing them around 6 weeks for the younger set. I am still working on it. The RIR scalped one of my babies who is ok but has a long road ahead after several nights of integration with no issues. Left them along and within a matter of one hour they scalped the orpington. I'm finally getting somewhere with the older flock. I sit outside I the run force them to be together every night for 1 to 2 hours and shoot anyone with a watergun who gets too aggressive. It's been a lot of work but I think its going to be so worth it.

I added barred rock, easter egger, white leghorn, orpington, and red sex link to my original 6 chickens. I have 3 RIR and 3 RIR mixes. They were 11 weeks when I got the others. I tried introducing them around 6 weeks for the younger set. I am still working on it. The RIR scalped one of my babies who is ok but has a long road ahead after several nights of integration with no issues. Left them along and within a matter of one hour they scalped the orpington. I'm finally getting somewhere with the older flock. I sit outside I the run force them to be together every night for 1 to 2 hours and shoot anyone with a watergun who gets too aggressive. It's been a lot of work but I think its going to be so worth it.
Poor baby Hope she's better, Thanks for the ideas.

Poor baby Hope she's better, Thanks for the ideas.
She is! She is extra spoiled and even got to come to the beach with me lol. She begs for everything we eat now. So spoiled! I squirter mine with a watergun to break any shuffles up. That is working well. 20230525_105432.jpg

Back
Top Bottom