What breeds do you have, that you want to get rid of?

Quote:
Only sorta - I am actually in the San Francisco Bay Area. Which is close, but not exactly there
smile.png

Quote:
Oh, were you reading my mind, or what????

Ya!! EXACTLY what I was thinkin'!! I have to get rid of some Buff Orp roos...
hit.gif
I have grown to love them too much!!

Well if anyone near me wants a couple of white Silkie roos or a (think he's a lT brahma Bantam) roo, let me know. Too many roos and hardly any girls right now.

I'd take those flighty Wellies though any day. I have a BR hen I can't catch. She never goes in the coop, attacks my favorite hens. She a pain in the behind. I'd make soup, but like I said, she can't be caught. I've hatched some of her eggs though. She was first with my huge EE I used to have and also with my big Bev Davis roo. I have a little pullet I'm saving from that mix because she looks like she'll be as big as my Marans. So the crazy BR did OK with supplying me with a future layer and one little roo is kind of cool looking so he might stay.

Not absolutely positive, but I think I have 2 more of her EE cross roos. Guess I'll be placing a few eventually.

Quote:
Great! Trade you a dumb-dumb Wellie for....EE hatching eggs? (Maybe even one of the EE roo cross dudes if desperation sets in...
roll.png
Are they gentlemen?) I'm looking for a splash EE roo, actually...

im getting rid of 15 birds today... we got heavy into hatching and the whole chicken math thing.. luckily ... the brother of a guy i work with has a farm and is taking them... he already took 3 boys from me... now another 15 ... some girls in there too... all about 3 months old give or take..

4 buff brahmas... unknown genders
2 blue rock girls... 1 blue rock boy
1 delaware boy
3 black copper marans boys
1 speckled sussex boy
4 mixes... i think 3 are girls

thinning the flock down... that will take me from 45 to 30... we're a lil over crowded now and that'll help a lot... and help make a lil more room for a few other breeds i want.... then we'll thin out again later

I won't get rid of but will probably never replace my BRs, CMs, and WLs (lost the last of those to a raccoon but won't replace them) Also I'm up in the air with RIRs they where both nice (only one is left) but they are kind of plain.
hmm.png

Last edited:
I really do not like american games. I had 2 hens( 1 had a blind eye because of a fight at a previous residence) both set quite a bit, but were really skittish/mean. One hen went crazy and killed all of her chicks just as they were hatching! Talk about being mad!!!!!! Even so, I have amberlinks, golden comets, aussies, mutts, a cochin, and BLRW. I will never get rid of the BLR's. The others are nice, but I just plan on focusing on BLR's,( aside from the cochin, she is a replacement broody hen for the games and will be staying as long as she goes broody enough lol).

Back
Top Bottom