What breeds do you have, that you want to get rid of?

kathyinmo

Nothing In Moderation
12 Years
May 14, 2009
(SW MO) Nevada, Missouri
My Coop
My Coop
I think we all have a wish list, of breeds we would like to try. Have you tried any that you don't like, or changed your mind about?

I want to get rid of my Seramas. Yes, they are sweet, but I just don't care for them. Maybe it is because I really prefer the large breeds, and don't care for the bantams ??

By the way ....
Serrin started a thread to list the breeds on your wish list, here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280548&p=1

I'm the opposite--I LOVE my little breeds, and I'm fairly lukewarm about the standards. I like them, but I adore the little ones.

I'll take your seramas off your hands!

I would like to get rid of my SLW. I love my GLW just not the other one. Well, actually, right now I would maybe get rid of a few more if they don't start laying soon! I have a Speckled Sussex that I've had for 5 mos. that hasn't laid a thing. Before you all freak out, she's about 10 mos. old. so the clock is tickin' for her and a few others.
tongue.png

I would love to have a BLRW, BCMarans or maybe a Welsummer and an olive-egger or blue egglayer...oh, and a rooster that doesn't crow!
wink.png

as a matter of fact today at 10:00 i am getting rid of 7 hens. 1 SLW,1 buckeye, 1 easteregger, 1 delaware, and 3 RSL. $28.00 $4.00 each

i really want some more cochins in standard and bantie. there are 2 big beautiful standards here already but those are my grandparents. i have two, a buff and a white. they are banties. this week sometime i am ordering alot of cochins from mcmurray.

Last edited:
I can't say that right now I've got any breeds I want to get rid of, but I am trying to figure out how to pare my numbers down more, so that may mean some of them end up being sold. Even the breeds that I did phase out, it wasn't because I didn't care for them, it was more a matter of not wanting to build any more breeding pens for them and trying to keep the chicken feed bill down. I do have certain breeds that I can say WON'T be going.

I have a number of EEs I want to cull/relocate/rehome.

One is a birchen that I rescued. She is old. Gives me about two green eggs a week
One is a partrige looking one I got from a friend here on BYC in a trade. She lays about 3 times a week.. I expected blue or green and she lays a light tannish/cream colored egg with a pointy end.
One is a white with black flex she hasn't laid and almost look banty.

I also want to rehome my silver spangled polish she only lays about 1 a week and now it looks like her left wing is messed up from a squabble.

She also roosts in a spot UNDER some others where she get's pooped on regularly.

I'd let go of one of my gorgeous Delawares, probably the one that lays the large egg and I'd keep the jumbo layer.

I'm thinking of rehoming Olivia. She is a beautiful speckled sussex that I hatched out of one of Nancy's eggs but she only lays about 3 a week and she won't let my roo near her.

Now that I have some marans chicks, I'd part with my pair of GC Marans. they are pretty and even though she lays a JUMBO egg, she only lays 1 or two a week. One of her eggs in pipped in my bator at present.

I'd also let go of one of my blue Ameraucanas as well as the splash.

The only ones I don't need/want right now are three little blue olive egger chicks that hatched the 23rd... bearded, pea combed, Splash Ameraucana dad, black marans moms. Any one looking to buy some nice chicks, feel free to PM me.

I want to get rid of my Dark brahma roo. He isn't a real dark brahma, he just kinda looks like one. I dont like his feathery legs, and one of his feet is deformed. i have a white rock and a wellie as well.

Hamburgs. way too flighty (as their breed description states). On the fence with teh Australorps as well.

Once my EE's are gone, from old age etc, I don't think I'd get more, I am now partial to the fat fluffy breeds like Wyandottes, Orpingtons , Brahmas and Cochins.

Back
Top Bottom