Have you ever taken YOUR birds out in public?

Jan 12, 2024
South Carolina Greenville
Hello everyone, This is just a thread I wanted to start, I used to take out my call duck Patitas back then to Walmart, Usually because I saw online people taking their ducks places so I decided to, I did it quite regularly, I would take her with my uncle and mom to go get groceries, She would stay in my hands and in the cart, It was really funny seeing her stare at the greens as we walked by, She almost flew out of my hands trying to get to the Coriander and Lettuce. A ton of people came to pet her and ask her name, the employees were not bothered and it was always a fun time. I am still sad about her being gone but I am slowly moving on. Have you ever took your birds out in public?

No, I would never bring my birds to a public place like that. I would not want to risk the health and safety of my birds, or the health and safety of the people around me.

Yes, but only outdoor places. It’s fun for me and although I got some weird looks, no one seemed upset that I took my chicken on a hiking trail. Unlike dogs, she doesn’t pull toward strangers or make noises at them. So I don’t think is a big deal, as long as it’s outdoors or a building that’s pet friendly and you’re keeping an eye on your bird to make sure she’s safe and relaxed.

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpeg
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    769.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0753.png
    IMG_0753.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0636.jpeg
    IMG_0636.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 6
Yes, but only outdoor places. It’s fun for me and although I got some weird looks, no one seemed upset that I took my chicken on a hiking trail. Unlike dogs, she doesn’t pull toward strangers or make noises at them. So I don’t think is a big deal, as long as it’s outdoors or a building that’s pet friendly and you’re keeping an eye on your bird to make sure she’s safe and relaxed.
Unfortunately, it's exposing your birds to all kinds of chronic diseases, especially the outdoor, nature setting.

Back
Top Bottom