What breeds do you wish you had?

Pics
Go and get some, it's never too late. I have had several breeds over the years being not sure because I liked many but couldn't have that many. After several years I settled on 5 breeds which are in my signature. I'm happy and old so I'm satisfied with my picks. Everyone is different so my suggestion is to get what you want even though at some point you might change your mind. Good luck and have fun...

Go and get some, it's never too late. I have had several breeds over the years being not sure because I liked many but couldn't have that many. After several years I settled on 5 breeds which are in my signature. I'm happy and old so I'm satisfied with my picks. Everyone is different so my suggestion is to get what you want even though at some point you might change your mind. Good luck and have fun...
:love Wonderful post!

I was hoping to get Gold Laced Wyandottes when I got mine this past June. The local feed store only had the Silver Laced variety. So far, they are nice chickens, but not as friendly as my others. I have always wanted Delawares as well, but they weren't available at the time, either.

On a last minute whim, I reserved two Silver Laced Polish (because I looked them up and loved their hair - my profile pic is of Sylvia, one of my SLPs). Not regretting getting them one bit, but I do worry how they'll do when everyone is all grown up. Have heard they can be a little more delicate than other breeds.

In truth, however, I have been thinking lately about possibly developing my own breed of chicken, but I'd need more coops/runs and a lot more time and money before I can do that ;). In the mean time, maybe I can do some research so I'm prepared if I ever take that big step.

I'm glad I started off with a variety... makes identifying individuals easy, and I got to understand how this was all done. I enjoyed my mixed colors, and still do. Now, however, I'm planning on concentrating on a specific breed... and going from there; Araucana... and specifically Gold Duck Wing Araucana. Now to get some... LOL Since the GDW cockerel I had was killed.

Back
Top Bottom