What breeds/genders are my new chickens?

tuesdaylove

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 3, 2012
Georgia
Hey y'all!

First, I'm on mobile so apologies if the format looks wonky.

I just picked up five new birds yesterday. The guys I got them from had probably a hundred young birds, bantam and LF, running around the yard. They said the birds were all roughly the same age, hatched from March through May. I just wanted a few extra opinions on their breeds and genders - sadly, I cannot keep any more roosters so I do hope they're all girls.

Group photo (note that one is much smaller than the others; it's still much bigger than the baby bantams those guys had, so I figure it's just a younger LF?)
IMG_20190714_221134_630.jpg

Chicken #1: Zeki
Zeki.JPG

Zeki is the little tiny one. I assume some kind of Easter egger, and it's very young. Still peeps like a chick rather than clucking.

Chicken #2: Miah
Miah.JPG

Obviously a Turken! And probably female? I'd estimate around 4 months.

Chicken #3: Ivy
Ivy.JPG

I have no clue what breed. Any guesses? Clean legs, yellow skin. I'm iffy about this one's gender. Saddle feathers are not pointed. Around 3-4 months probably.

Chicken #4: Clover
Clover.JPG

The biggest one by far, and I assume at least 4 months old. I was told that she's probably a Leghorn, and I assume she's female. Clean legs, yellow skin.

Chicken #5: Jesse
RIR.JPG

Around 4 months old. I was told she's a Rhode Island Red, but I always thought those were a much darker red. She has clean legs and yellow skin, and black tips to her tail feathers.

Any and all opinions are appreciated!

The last one looks like a new Hampshire red, first one is an easter egger. Is there and bromn on the white chicken? it seems pretty heavyset for a leghorn, maybe an almost white amberlink. I would guess the grey one is some kind of wyandotte but not sure what color. None of them are definite cockerels that i can see.

The last one looks like a new Hampshire red, first one is an easter egger. Is there and bromn on the white chicken? it seems pretty heavyset for a leghorn, maybe an almost white amberlink. I would guess the grey one is some kind of wyandotte but not sure what color. None of them are definite cockerels that i can see.

Thanks! The white one is solid white, no other colors at all.
20190714_200523.jpg

Agree with the previous posters except that the blue wyandotte looks pretty boyish to me. Hard to pin down without correct age and full pics though.

I unfortunately don't know the exact age, but here's a full-body photo:
20190714_201552-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom