What breeds??

Selsee

Chirping
Feb 17, 2018
I got a mix of eggs and I was wondering what breeds my ducklings are or if it’s too early to tell. It would be great if you could refer to them by name :)

Attachments

• 57011588-9F0D-414B-A7D5-FBA5D73CD029.jpeg
    57011588-9F0D-414B-A7D5-FBA5D73CD029.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 17
  • E371BC56-40DB-4B11-BFA1-6DAD22B06F29.jpeg
    E371BC56-40DB-4B11-BFA1-6DAD22B06F29.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 12
I see two Blue Swedish ducklings. They’re the ducklings on the right that are almost all blue/gray with the yellow patch on their chests.

You know quite a bit in regards to ducks! :) I read your intro, but it sounded like you are new to them?
Thank you! I am new to ducks. I don’t even have my own ducks yet (they should arrive around the 23rd of May), but I find them absolutely fascinating! I love to read articles regarding chickens, ducks, geese, anything! I learn something new everyday, and I find sharing that information is important for others. I would think people would know I’m new to birds, I have been corrected many times.

Thank you! I am new to ducks. I don’t even have my own ducks yet (they should arrive around the 23rd of May), but I find them absolutely fascinating! I love to read articles regarding chickens, ducks, geese, anything! I learn something new everyday, and I find sharing that information is important for others. I would think people would know I’m new to birds, I have been corrected many times.
I researched as well before I got chickens and now ducks. I have seen some of your other posts and you know a lot for a beginner and someone who is waiting on their poultry to arrive. I know there are people new to byc who have years of experience and start posting from their experience, but for someone totally new to poultry to be so good at researching that they can help identify chickens and ducks is pretty awesome. Sometimes, I think I know an answer, but hesitate to offer advice until someone more experienced comes along.
Can't wait to see your ducks and chickens when they get here!

I was going to say that two of them look like Magpies and the others like Swedish but if they came from a mixed flock that changed things. I believe the white bib (like on Swedish) is common trait that pops up when you mix Mallard based breeds.

I researched as well before I got chickens and now ducks. I have seen some of your other posts and you know a lot for a beginner and someone who is waiting on their poultry to arrive. I know there are people new to byc who have years of experience and start posting from their experience, but for someone totally new to poultry to be so good at researching that they can help identify chickens and ducks is pretty awesome. Sometimes, I think I know an answer, but hesitate to offer advice until someone more experienced comes along.
Can't wait to see your ducks and chickens when they get here!
Thank you so much! :D I know how you feel about hesitating to answer, it has happened to me many times. But, thank you again for the compliment!

I will be sure to make a thread for my new babies coming, so keep an eye out for it! :)

Thank you so much! :D I know how you feel about hesitating to answer, it has happened to me many times. But, thank you again for the compliment!

I will be sure to make a thread for my new babies coming, so keep an eye out for it! :)
Seriously though, you have never had any poultry before?
I don't answer in case I am wrong and I don't want to deliver the wrong message.
I look forward to seeing your new flock.

Back
Top Bottom