What bulb goes in a Chickbator?

Josie

Songster
12 Years
Jan 3, 2008
California
We are using the chickbator for the class hatching project. (You know, the spaceship ones )
Does anyone know what type of bulb it takes?
The teacher dropped one while showing the class, and it needs a new bulb.

Last edited:
I did a quick search and didn't find that info for you. You may have to experiment and try a few different ones until you get the right temperature if someone who has one doesn't find this post.

Is it a standard base bulb or a smaller base? I'm guessing that it is probably only a 15 watt to maybe a 25 watt at most.

I ordered a chick bator for my son that should be arriving tomorrow. If I'm correct its supposed to come with 2 extra 7 watt bulbs. I'll check when it gets here and post it up.

Hey Freddy, that would be great.
By the way welcome to the forum.
I noticed that you are from Fresno County. So am I. There are a number of people in this area, I remember seeing some from Oakhurst and the foothills also. It is always fun to see local people along with all the great poster worldwide.

Thank you countryboy, this is really helpful.

Yeah I built one in a Styrofoam cooler inspired by MissPrissy's blog.
The custodian wouldn't approve it for classroom use though, which is probably good because I undercooked my first batch,
and the batch I have in now, I think I overcooked. (eggs hot to touch)

I pretty convinced that if I can get the temps right, the homemade one would work, and I think my thermometer is the problem.
I have two in there now and they go anywhere between being exactly the same and a 10 degree difference.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom