What Came First?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by simplynewt, Jan 7, 2012.

1. simplynewt

simplynewt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Alabama
    My Coop
    The Chicken or the Egg?

Interested In Seeing The Replies.

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    If anybody else does want to reply, (Because there have been numerous threads asking the question.) I would say that there will be the answer that God put animals here, and there will be the evolution answer, that everything came from the water, Starting out as plankton.

3. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    It is the chickens who came first and then they gave me eggs. Now others have had the eggs first and then they got chickens from the eggs.

4. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I bought chickens. Then I got eggs.

If you believe in evolution, the egg came first. The bird that laid it was almost, but not quite a chicken.

If you believe in creation, all the breeds of chickens have been here since the beginning of time, when they were Created, all at once. (If God had been smart, he would have told Adam and Eve not to eat the snake!--Bill Cosby)

5. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Egg from the dinasour. Each egg held a more chicken like bird. So without the egg, the chicken wouldn't have made it.

6. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Eggs. The post office delivered them and I stuck them in a styrofoam box and 3 weeks later, little chickens hopped out! [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    The more important way of thinking about this question other than creation vs evolution is simply; At what time? In the beginning of time, or present? If present, we could say the chicken came before the egg because the chicken laid the egg. Or it could be that the egg came first due to the chicken hatching from the egg, it depends on the situation.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    If the past is a predictor for the future - this thread will eventually be locked.

The egg.

10. simplynewt

simplynewt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I posted this message to get a responce from the faithful members of the Forums. I did not realize that this topic had been discussed before and that it eventually recieved a lock on it.

My appologies to anyone I may have offended in posting this question. This was not my intent. I suppose posting a question on why the chicken crossed the road would be deemed agitative and might ruffle some feathers so I wont go there.

Thanks to those who are "playing along".

JMO

The Egg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by