What came out of my chicken?!?!

millietime

Songster
Jan 4, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My Coop
My Coop
What is this!!! I found an egg, a solid normal egg inside a sac with white. Then there was this. The solid yellowish thing was in a sac and about the size of a walnut. The first picture is when I opened it up. The intact pictures are below it. Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    376 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    430.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 29
Hi I am about 99% sure it is from my 2 year old red sexlink. She had a horrible gleet vent/prolapsed vent situation about 2 months ago. Since then she was molting and took some time off laying. She just started laying again this past week and her behavior is normal. She is eating a mix of scratch and peck whole grain mixed with layer pellets with fruits and veggies.

I only have one other bird that lays the same color eggs (as the one I found in the sac right before finding this) and she is about a year and laying almost everyday. She has not had health issues like the other so I don't think it's her.

It totally looks like it could be a lash egg. Could that be from the vent gleet from before. I just cleaned her again today because she had some poopy feathers by her vent that looked like it's coming back. That said I got her some yogurt today to help.

Thanks BYC folks!!

I know it isn't the most appetizing thought but I would cut it open and see what is inside. It almost looks like a shelless egg. Definitely sloughing off tissue of some sort though.

Back
Top Bottom