What camera do you recommend?

I love my Fuji FinePix. I have three. I'm not sure they even make them any more.

They go from super Macro to great distance to using it with my telescope.
One of my number one things is it must take regular batteries. No weird company specific recharging batteries.

Next, I am not messing with changing out lenses.

Pictures are on my FAA site in my signature.

What to you intend to use your camera to photograph? For the vast majority of people, cameras on the smart phone are incredible nowadays, There are many great digital SLR cameras available in your price range, but often, if you really need the digital SLR for fish eye, wide angle or zoom, your going to need to invest in lenses too.
I own a Nikon, but only use it for vacations, graduations etc. For the most part, I now use my iPhone and the Nikon sits in the closet.
But if you want/need a DSLR - check out the Nikon D5500.

I’m a Nikon fan. My sister has the D7500 and I have the D5600.
Photography is a very broad term. What do you want to shoot?
Do you want the ability to switch out lenses?
Would it be for picture or video? Both?
Keep that in mind when looking. My d5600 is great for pictures, but crappy for video. Thankfully I do not video with my camera so that does not bother me. But could be a deal breaker for someone else.

I have a nikon coolpix, it takes really good photos. Only thing I don't like about it is I can't capture stars with it. DSCN5038.JPG DSCN8671.JPG

I just bought a slightly used Nikon D3300 for a really good price from one of the 'sell from home' sites. I get it on Friday! It's a good entry level DSLR camera and if you are lucky you can find one used (but working fine) for about $250-$400 depending on where you shop. Something like that would let you get fancy lenses, etc.

I also have an older Kodak ZD710 EZShare that is about 13 years old but still takes pretty decent photos. It's more of a basic point/shoot camera.

I am no photography expert by any means, just expressing what I have learned/experienced on my own.

For that price range you can probably find a Canon SL2 . Dual Pixel Auto Focus is a nice thing to have for video work.

Back
Top Bottom