What can baby chicks eat besides chick feed?

Chick3nLover

Songster
Mar 15, 2022
Hey everybody!

I have four 8 week old chicks, and was wondering can I give them anything as a fun treat, that’s not just their chick starter feed?

Thank you for any replies!🥰

In addition to the above suggestions, you can add water to chick starter to make a wet mash. After they quit being scared of the new thing and start to eat it, they usually like it quite well. It is one "treat" that does not need to be limited, because it has the same nutrients as the chick starter you made it with. They can eat it from a dish, from your hand, from a little pile on the ground, etc.

I gave mine crushed mealworms and mozzarella cheese. Anything new that wasnt their every day feed was met with caution, but once 1 bird eats it the rest will come running. I gave my original 2 generations worms I dug up but stopped doing that, no particular reason but its an option if you wanna go digging. Bananas werent very popular but yours might like sliced ham or scrambled egg.

In addition to the above suggestions, you can add water to chick starter to make a wet mash. After they quit being scared of the new thing and start to eat it, they usually like it quite well. It is one "treat" that does not need to be limited, because it has the same nutrients as the chick starter you made it with. They can eat it from a dish, from your hand, from a little pile on the ground, etc.
My 2 week old chicks love they wet starter. They come running to "here chick, chick, chick".

Back
Top Bottom