What can be that color ?

Here are some pics of Sonja's violeta from Leggs flock ..... in fact Sonja's violeta split White or Pied or Silver Pied.
http://www.leggspeafowl.com/photo/sonjasviolete.htm

George ,you must know how many Sonja's Violeta or Split to Sonja's Violeta peacocks are alive today or it 's already out of control?
I believe that today in Europe there is not yet Sonja's violeta peacocks from the USA ... very few farm are exporting !

Bjorn ( peacock )! to give the name of European Sonja's violeta is not good since they probably have nothing to do with this mutation.
You have now at home purple and the violet peacocks .... are they different?

Perhaps this mutation violet it is simply the purple mutation !

At this question .... here is the answer of Perta from the Austrian site :

" The violett
peafowl has a lighter violett colour and the purple peafowl has a darker
violett colour. In fact the colour of the violett peafowl is more
violett than the colour of the purple one. The purple peafowl seems to
be a little bit bigger and stronger built than the violett peafowl. The
purple appeared in USA, the violett appeared in Europe (Germany) - out
of blue parents if the information of the breeder is correct. "

Quote :
" The purple peafowl seems to
be a little bit bigger and stronger built than the violett peafowl."

Spalding blood ???

Some pics of violet peacock in Germany :

An other place :

So violet ... or purple ?

Last edited:
zazouse,, I assume your talking about me ... Dont assume untilll you know ,, There is a male photos out.. This is not a fluke or I dont know what you mean by a fluke ?? There is not very many males in the world .. As you know this is a sex link color and I hatched one male this year and a number of females . like some colors males are hard to get. More photos will be taken this year.. The Violete male is hard to get a good photo of to really show the train.. Some one on here has photos of them..I dont do good at getting photos on this site.. You can look at my web site again ( http://boxess.com/connerhills ) and look at the subject of feathers, you can see how the Violete looks with some of the other color train feathers . On Dany12 that male is a purple by US standards. Also for the others looking for more info on the removal of the lump under the eye I also have info on my web site for doing that ... Thanks from
George
Na i was referring to Peacocks post above mine, but thanks for the info.
Fluke is used in my area to describe something that rarely happens.

" The violett

Quote :

This could be due to inbreeding. My purples are smaller than spaldings. And referring back to his pics on the purple pieds - I have never seen purples with that much violet colouring on the train. This would mean his purples may be the same as his "violet", or he enhances the pic of the purple - the colouring is similar between the two (see links below)

PurpleScheckeSchleppe080512.jpg

Pava_lila.jpg

Zazouse,,, yes then it can be a fluke as mutations dont happen very often and it is very hard to make one... George

Here are some pics of Sonja's violeta from Leggs flock ..... in fact Sonja's violeta split White or Pied or Silver Pied.
http://www.leggspeafowl.com/photo/sonjasviolete.htm

George ,you must know how many Sonja's Violeta or Split to Sonja's Violeta peacocks are alive today or it 's already out of control?
I believe that today in Europe there is not yet Sonja's violeta peacocks from the USA ... very few farm are exporting !

Bjorn ( peacock )! to give the name of European Sonja's violeta is not good since they probably have nothing to do with this mutation.
You have now at home purple and the violet peacocks .... are they different?

" The violett

Quote :

Spalding blood ???

Some pics of violet peacock in Germany :

An other place :

So violet ... or purple ?
That is weird, yesterday the photos showed up on the link you provided but today they are missing from the page, i can't even get them to come up from the main menu
barnie.gif
thanks for posting the link they are very beautiful for sure.

Photo credit exotic-farm.de

notice the colour on the ground behind the bird and where the black is normally on the wings? If this is indeed the colouring of the bird, anyone interested in importing some with me?

Last edited:
Zazouse.. Yes I have an idea about how many are out in breeding and young pens..The photo on Brads link are some I took a few years ago Prior to the UPA convention in Kansas City . As you can see the male is hard to get a good photo on , the hen with a red back board is the one on my web page. The male at that time was the only one in the world and the hen is one of the original hens. Compare the Violete on my site to the color of the Violet in Germany. Yes very few are exporting as most people can not .. I can not export or dont want to go through the paperwork to do so. Brad can and does. Some of the last purples I had did have some green in them and had a breast color like the one shown in this thread.
george

Photo credit exotic-farm.de

notice the colour on the ground behind the bird and where the black is normally on the wings? If this is indeed the colouring of the bird, anyone interested in importing some with me?
Why is the ground purple?

Back
Top Bottom