What can I expect when mixing these 2 birds?

matt1898

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 24, 2013
Broadway, NC
I hope this is the right section for this. My gf has an absolutely beautiful GLW roo named Monroe, and I have Jane....an always broody GLW hen. I don't know enough about the purity of bloodlines and what not to know what to expect if we were to mate them, but I would loooooove to see what kind of chicks they would produce.

Here is Monroe.

and here is miss Jane.

What do ya'll think?

I'm thinking you're going to get gold laced Wyandotte chicks
wink.png

Chicken breeds aren't about purity of blood lines. They are purely about whether or not the bird meets the set standard for that breed. Since these both meet the standard pretty darn well, I'd say you will get more pretty GLW.

Chicken breeds aren't about purity of blood lines. They are purely about whether or not the bird meets the set standard for that breed. Since these both meet the standard pretty darn well, I'd say you will get more pretty GLW.
Yes, this is new to me. I wish I knew more about the "standard" for these different breeds. Fascinating stuff.

One thing you do need to keep in mind when breeding chickens is that an aggressive rooster will likely pass that same temperament on to his offspring. Do not breed any rooster with aggressive tendencies. Also, if you sell chicks, make sure the buyers understand that you are selling unsexed chicks and that you make no guarantees about gender.

Back
Top Bottom