what can I put on my fence to keep roosters from fighting thru it

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by countryhen, Feb 18, 2013.

1. countryhen

countryhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Oklahoma
    I have two roosters & have made them separate coops & yards each with their own hens because they were fighting but now they can still see each other thru the fence & fight with the fence between them (still getting bloody). I am thinking if I can put something on the fence where they can't see each other they won't fight but what? Please post pictures of your separate runs any ideas would be great.

2. rachlore

rachlore Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    Southern US
    Dont use a fence. Just put a piece of wood or stack of bricks in between them. Cut off all sight of each other.

3. countryhen

countryhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Oklahoma
    I already have a fence up & if I put wood on it it will be to heavy. If any one wants this rooster he is free don't really need him just ended up with him.
    [​IMG]
    NN rooster

I hung some white plastic on the fence for now helps some but roosters walk the fence crowing & looking for each other[​IMG] what to do?? will the stop??

4. Lorinda

Lorinda New Egg

Mar 31, 2013
    You could try corrugated roofing material - it comes in all types and colors. You might need to cut it to the side you want/need.

5. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    What kind of rooster do you have?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by