What can I use to cover my roof?

Okay just wanted to let you all know the final outcome.
I bought "roofing roll" for $40 (comes in a 36 ft roll) and stapled it with my Arrow electric stapler.
This roofing material is identical to what my pre-fab coop has on it. Except my prefab coop has some sort of paper underneath which is buckling up. :( But at least now I have the shingle part to repair it. :thumbsup

1. What is a Skin-Saw?
2. Can you post a link to the plastic corrugated roofing?
I'm thinking I may have to do the shingles, just wanted something in a one-piece solution.
Hi Hayley,
I meant Skil Saw. It's a carpenter's electric saw. I found my asphalt roofing at Lowes.
Hope that clears up any confusion.
Mark

Hi Hayley,
I meant Skil Saw. It's a carpenter's electric saw. I found my asphalt roofing at Lowes.
Hope that clears up any confusion.
Mark

It's 48x36
and sloped to allow the rain to run off but I didn't want the rain running in between the boards and may not, not sure. My first roof :lau
You can buy a sheet of plywood that would cover the whole thing but it would have to be painted well. Even with that you might want to cover that with some tar paper plastic or something. Old barn metal corrugated is good too. If you use a tarp beware they do tear on sharp edges and need to be anchored well the wind really works on them. I used a heavy plastic over my top and sides that are made of plywood. I usually put 6mm plastic over them but this year opted for 4 mil. It has already torn on the corners. I wish I would have used 6 mil. Then I roll it over 2x4's or 2x2 or 1 bies at the bottom and screw those to my coop legs to hold it in place. If wind catches under it it will blow off or tear. Also for large sizes it will puddle and pool then weight things down. Your coop should be fine as small as it is to cover with some 6mm plastic or a well painted solid sheet of plywood but plywood will eventually rot if you don't put something on it. It does last awhile though and is easy and solid to the wind.

It's 48x36
and sloped to allow the rain to run off but I didn't want the rain running in between the boards and may not, not sure. My first roof :lau
Menards sells various sizes and thicknesses of plywood sheeting or sheathing not sure. They also sell half sheets your size 4 x 3 foot could just use like a half sheet and have an overhang or you could look for that size maybe they would cut it for you or you could cut it down with a saw.

Back
Top Bottom