What can I use to cover my roof?

Hello Hayley,
Last year I purchase a large run on deep discount from Tractor Supply. It is about 8'x15' and has a door that I can walk into and stand up. I connected it my coop. Half the roof of the run was covered in heavy corrugated plastic roofing. I decided to extend the roof covering and went to Lowes and found more corrugated roofing material. It comes in 8' sheets. It's made of an asphalt type material that I was able to cut to size w/my Skin-Saw. Made sure to get gable capping material and special rubber gasket sealed roofing screws as well. For you situation, I'd use tar paper stapled down then get a cheap bundle of partially broken shingles at a discount. Make sure you know what your square footage is so as to buy enough shingles. If you don't know how to shingle a small roof (it's easy) check on Youtube for video instructions). You'll also need what's called a drip edge which is a formed aluminum strip that is placed under the shingles to support them when you overlap the bottom edge. Attach this with galvanized roofing nails. As for waterproofing, I'd use Thompson's Water Seal. I did this with my entire base that I made for the run to rest on. Good luck!
1. What is a Skin-Saw?
2. Can you post a link to the plastic corrugated roofing?
I'm thinking I may have to do the shingles, just wanted something in a one-piece solution.

Look for a sheet of plastic of metal roofing.
Or you could just tack a tarp on there.
I'm wrapping the back and sides in vinyl sheeting. I only have a 6ft trailer with ramp...that kind of hurts me for buying 8ft materials. I'm currently trying to figure out if there's anyway to extend the front of the trailer with wood.

A simple, quick, and short term solution would be to attach a tarp, opened up feed sack, plastic, etc. to the top of the boards.
It's in my front yard...so no feed sacks...LOL but may have to do the plastic for now, we are expecting thunderstorms tomorrow so I don't have time to do much else.

No, that's different, fiberglass instead of asphalt, and I don't see a price.

This is what I found but either I misread the price or it changed(sorry about that).

I don't know which would work best.
Ohhh...I like yours better but it 's showing out of stock for me.
I have to go to Home Depot tomorrow, so I'll be able to feel the one I linked to and see if it will do.

I have to go to Home Depot tomorrow, so I'll be able to feel the one I linked to and see if it will do.
Either should be fine.....touching is always good, and they may have something else.
Another thing I thought of is EDPM rubber sheeting, used for roofing and pond liners.
Hopefully you can get a good staff member to help.

Back
Top Bottom