what can u do ?

Mogli

Songster
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
Northwestern PA Conneaut lake
i have a ? after the winter season is over and spring is on the way what can u do or feed to ur chickens to helpem lose winter weight? is it true u can chase them around to givem exersise or will it givem a heart attack i dnt wanna make my birds keal over haha but i dnt want them to be over weight u know

Are you talking about meat birds or layers? I just have layers and allow them access to good food all day long (I take it away when they roost). I wouldn't ever want to make them lose weight.

I have Buff Orpingtons which sometimes overeat I have heard, but my chickens are healthy and I'm not going to worry about it.
cool.png

IMO they will self-regulate enough (my chickens).

Based on your line of questioning; I can only assume you have recently processed a chicken and found much more fat than you have in the past months of processing. Well; as it starts to warm up outside, give them less carbs (especially corn, if you are).

Cheers!
smile.png

P.S. You can save the fat and render it. Then mix in grains, molasses, cayenne, etc. Makes for a wonderful treat!

thanks for the answers everyone my girls are egg layers there golden comets this is my first winter withem and when its chilly out i givem a suit cake to keepm warm plus i feedem alota crack corn to make heat when its cold out i heard corn helps make body heat so its good to give that and suit when its cold out rite?:
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom