What chicken breed(s) is/are YOUR favorite? Why?

Which breed is your favorite? Why (tell us below!)? Choose 4 or less

• Silkie

• Barred Rock

• Rhode Island Red/New Hampshire

• Orpington

• Sex Link

• Polish

• Cochin

• Ameraucana/Easter Egger/Araucana

• Isa Brown

• Lakenvelder

• Wyandotte

• Jersey Giant

• Leghorn

• Old English Game (bantam/standard)

• D'uccle

• Brahma

• Maran

• Welsummer

• Naked Neck

• Other (Specify in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Easter Eggers and Black Australorps (not on list, please add). I like the Aussies because they look like big crows on steroids and I have not seen any hawks since we got them. They do tend to show up lame a lot, though. Love my EEs. Sturdy, hardy, hard-working, efficient birds. Reasonable amount of good-sized eggs, good producers. Calm, sensible birds. Good personalities. I just like them. Good camo, I don't lose them to predators like white birds I've had.
I would add more but the poll doesn't let me.. they have a maximum on poll "choices".. I reached it :)

could you insert a pic of your unknown-breed bantam? we might be able to help..
Here she is- she’s a skiddish girl, but gentle. The kids carry her around a lot. She lays white eggs- and is very quiet. Her feathers a laced

Attachments

• 251D5DCD-5805-4224-B1DB-4FE7DA702B3E.jpeg
    251D5DCD-5805-4224-B1DB-4FE7DA702B3E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
I actually got them it a gift. Not sure what hatchery..

Back in 2017, someone gifted us 5 chickens as a "joke". We ended up keeping them, and we said "if we're gonna have them, then we have to go full in".
So then we got 10 more, and started to build off and now we have about 50!
The 5 'pack' that he gave us was a rare pack (lakenvelder, crevecoeur, etc.) That's the only info we got.
He said it was from an online hatchery, just he didn't remember which..
Which hatchery did you get yours from?
Try cackle nursery

Hands down, Bielefelders and BLR Wyandotte’s! Cold tolerant, consistent egg layers, good mothers, good foragers, and best of all, incredibly sweet tempered. Our BLR Wyandotte rooster is such a gentleman. He is calm around people and watches out for his girls. Also those fluffy butts are too cute when they all run across the yard to greet us!

I love my cream legbars. They are so friendly, quiet, and great with my children. They're also beautiful and lay pretty mint colored eggs that everyone loves. I want the frost and opals too if I can ever find some close to me.

Well I’m new to all this! I just have 3 chickens and the Australorp is my favourite. She makes all these cute little chirping noises and is on the bottom of the 3 chicken pecking order so I’m on her side.🙂 Plus she is getting to be very friendly.

Back
Top Bottom