what chicken is laying?

"She has untied my shoes and even flew up at me as she was going to attack." Lahessler, my Dark Cornish pullet does that to me all the time. She is a very friendly chicken. If I don't hold my arm out for her to fly up on because she wants attention then she sometimes fly's up on my shoulder or back while I'm working to say hi and peeks around to look me in the face and starts chirping away trying to have a chicken convo with me. And untying shoelaces she does because she's silly. Guess she thinks it's just some kind of super worm or something but it's just plain hilarious when she does it. Are you sure you aren't mistaking aggression for playfulness and affection? I think your chicken is in love with you.. lol!!
wink.png

[COLOR=333333] "Are you sure you aren't mistaking aggression for playfulness and affection? I think your chicken is in love with you.. lol!!" [/COLOR];)

I think she is a little physco be honest. They were both very affectionate when they were fluffy chicks even when they were fully feathered before laying eggs. I call them Thing 1 and Thing 2 after the Dr Seuss characters. I won #1 at a carnival and bought #2 the following week. They both liked to migrate up on my shoulders like parakeets and loved to pull my hair out of a ponytail. Like they were preening me. This summer after they laid they did a little, look at me look at me!, dance and wanted to be petted as we got the eggs. #1 still wants to be petted all the time. But #2 has mood swings. She will rub against me like a cat or she will hop at the door of the pen wanting me to open it up. And other times she will peck at my hand if I put it on the wire of the pen, even peck at my clothes if I stand to close. Here lately she #2 acts as if I am a threat and i dont know why. I think she likes my husband. He can get their eggs without a problem as long as they dont see his wedding ring or his cellphone. Lol If they do its a pecking fest.
We are all away from the house now with school and work for most of the day. This summer we were home most of the time. It might be their way of adjusting to schedule. Or she is just having hormone embalance. Idunno I know Im quirky so I just try to deal with her.

Someone on this thread mentioned the hen with the reddest comb was ovulating. Does that work for all types of hens? My girls dont change color. My older #1's comb has faded to a pinkish color and it has fallen over. My other #2's comb was fire engine red before they started laying eggs it has now dulled a little bit but is still red and stands striaght up.

Someone on this thread mentioned the hen with the reddest comb was ovulating. Does that work for all types of hens? My girls dont change color. My older #1's comb has faded to a pinkish color and it has fallen over. My other #2's comb was fire engine red before they started laying eggs it has now dulled a little bit but is still red and stands striaght up.

I had a pullet who had begun laying in august which had a heat stroke. She survived since we caught it quickly and cooled her off by putting her in some water in front of some cool air for a while. She was out of it for several hours. Anyway, she stopped laying for around 3 weeks after that and I noticed her comb was much lighter. almost like it was dried out. The other day she started laying again and I noticed her comb was bright red again.

Back
Top Bottom