What chickens have black skin?

FluffyChic

Songster
10 Years
Jan 2, 2010
Monroe, NC
I have a 3 1/2 week old chick, that is supposed to be an EE. But, may have been an EE cross as I bought it from an individual w/lots of chickens. Anyway, he/she has gorgeous feathering and I noticed her comb, beak, and legs are slate color and skin is black. Is this a normal traight of an EE? TIA

032-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

Looks like an EE to me. I've been noticing people bringing up photos of EE's with dark skin - I think it is a strain some sort of hatchery was carrying.

thanks guys! I know I did see a silkie in her flock...I actually have another chick from her that has a little poofy head and feathered legs too
wink.png
. I know they are all probably mixes but I'm loving them anyway
love.gif

Thank you! He/She is almost 4wks now...and I'm dying to know if it's a roo or not!! If it's a pullet I was really hoping for some nice color EE eggs
jumpy.gif
. But if it's a roo, I'm sure he'll be pretty.

Quote:
Oh MY GOSH!! They look just like each other! Well, I know the lady did have RIR that she had gotten rid of and she did have at least one silkie there too!! Oh, wow maybe we figured out her mix...I'm uploading a more recent pic. So, I guess that means no different color eggs though
sad.png
?

Back
Top Bottom