what class?

apc

Songster
10 Years
Nov 4, 2009
Chickland, Il
I have a white frizzle hen. The two classes available are white cochin, and aov cochin. Which class do I put her in for show?

This an APA/ABA sanctioned show? Either way your will have better chances with the AOV class....I have never seen an Any other Variety Class for cochins, usually there is just the color difference in classes. I have a black mottled frizzle and she always goes in the Black Mottled Class.

Its a county fair show (that usually doesnt have much) and the only classes they have for cochins are : white, black and aov. But being my first show in a very long time, id like to not get dqed for putting her in the wrong class. Would it be acceptable to put her in the white cochin class?

I would get ahold of the poultry superintendent of the fair and check with them. County fairs are enjoyable but each one runs their the way the want and even though you or I would think one way the person in charge of the poultry could possibly think differently. Personally though I think you would be covered in the white class.

Enter her as a white frizzled cochin. White, black and AOV are variety, not class. Class can mean Featherleg (bantam) or Asiatic (largefowl). Frizzled birds are shown in their breed and variety. Frizzle is recognised for ALL breeds.

Class is a term also used to designate age & gender (Cock, Hen, Cockerel, Pullet, Old Trio, Young Trio).

I had another "variety" question. I have a few sizzles i would like to take. Would it be acceptable to put them in the "aov feathered legged".

Yep
smile.png
that's where they go

Back
Top Bottom