What color are Black Australorp eggs?

Its December 17, 2012 and SOME laid an egg!!
We have 2 Black Australorps and 2 Barred.. and poof there it was this morning..
no idea who did it .. nobody is talking!
wink.png

Doesn't one type lay brown eggs? this one looks white.. its a medium sized.. I was hoping someone would
do this before January.. I know.. one egg.. such excitement .. when there are 300 not so much excitement?

Tapetry

We have Americanas and a Black Australorp. The Americana eggs are green with a blue cast, where as the Australorps eggs are green with a brown cast. If you look at how the color is laid on, it's in the last few hours and the pigments blue and brown are separate. So, the Australorp must deposit both colors. We love the variety.

I have a Black Australorp and A Wyandotte-both tan eggs, but extremely different…the Australorp's eggs (Martha) is thinner than Jackie-O's (Wyandotte), like a longer thinnish oval and a very light creamy tan to pinkish tan. The Wyandotte is a fatter oval, and shorter. Hers is a darker tan. Such fun, right? I hope that helps, but I noticed you wrote that in 2010, so you probably got your answer by now, anyway:)
D.gif

Our BA just started laying. The eggs are smaller then our other hens and the color is a very pale tan w/a hint of pink. So we have a tan/pink egg (BA), a blue one ( Americaunas), a blu/green one ( another Americauna) and a tan color (mixed Rhode Island). It's like Easter every day here at The Eggplant Inn!

Back
Top Bottom