What color are most marans eggs when shipped?

bald k9

Songster
10 Years
Sep 5, 2009
Rural Edwardsville
Hello ,I got some [Marans] off craigslist, when I started with chickens,bit never have I gotten anything more than just a slightly darker than a regular brown egg, So I have decided to get some real Marans from Nancy at Garry Farm , She is so delightful to do business with,anywho , I know that the shipped eggs are not going to be #9 on scale, but how dark or light will real marans eggs ship as , like a light brown , or can you really tell a difference in how brown they are,? I am excited, they are supposed to be at the post office tomorrow , POST A Pic if you can, they dont have to be Nancy's eggs ,I just wonder how dark real marans eggs are when they get shipped, and yes I do know they are not as dark late in the season ,but shouldnt you be able to tell a good difference between marans and regular brown layers? Thanks again , And a shout out to Nancy, [Garry Farm]

Here is a picture of my eggs that I just had shipped recently. The darkest colored egg is a Maran and the lighter brown eggs are Australorps, and the orthers are EE's.
35694_hatching_egg_exp_1_003.jpg

WOW , that is beautiful, now I am so excited!!!!! my [craigslist]marans never lay anything near that,[look at avitar] but they are great girls very friendly,, I do plan to keep the real seperated from the [said to be pure] marans Thanks again

Last edited:
I'm just starting with marans, so I don' know everything . Marans to be marans must lay a #4 egg or darker according to an egg color chart. the eggs that you are getting now are pretty too.

Quote:
I received mine from a wonderful breeder of BCMs here on BYC 17 days ago. Great packing and fresh, fresh eggies. I'm really happy. They varied in darkness. Here's a pic of one right out of the shipped container. I'm expecting them to hatch this coming Tuesday or Wednesday.
fl.gif

I'm very, very please with them. They're just gorgeous orbs.

82123_bcmshipped.jpg

I have some marins...and they lay really dark eggs early in the year but lighten up later in the year they are about 3 years old now...one thing i have found out the cocoa roos are one of the best tasting roos I have ever fried...I used to be really disapointed on getting roos now not so much....

Back
Top Bottom