What color are we?

Although I could be wrong, I just went out and looked at her and she does have a bit more coloring... lol I just need to take a better pic
smile.png

Son of a beesting, is my silke a he!? I just had someone post on the partridge thread that it was a he...

Quote:
looks like a pullet to me
hu.gif

I hope so, it is already atleast 8 months old... and the dad was way bigger... comb and wattles are really small, and my other rooster that I have in MD is young and really loud with a big comb... sigh I guess we will see tomorrow is there is an egg... what is the best way to tell on silkies??

Quote:
looks like a pullet to me
hu.gif

I hope so, it is already atleast 8 months old... and the dad was way bigger... comb and wattles are really small, and my other rooster that I have in MD is young and really loud with a big comb... sigh I guess we will see tomorrow is there is an egg... what is the best way to tell on silkies??

the crest. i don't have a good picture, but a cockerel's crest will be sort of 'slicked back' i guess whereas a pullet's crest is set more evenly on the head. it's easier to tell with hatchery quality birds like yours is than with show silkies.

you picked a good match there, silkies and seramas usually get along great. i had a four week old serama i brought home from a chicken swap as a buddy for my four week old silkie. the silkie immedietly adopted the serama as her own, calling her over to food and everything. they're still pretty much inseperable even though both pullets are 7 months old now!

Last edited:
Serama come in all sorts of colors, many aren't recognized or have a name. Your girl is either a serama or an Old English Game bantam.

She looks like she has wheaton and columbian genes in her. But her color probably doesn't have an actual name to it.

Quote:
Well whatever Hey color she has got to be one of the calmest hens ever! I love her little Opal ears

Back
Top Bottom