What color are YOUR Easter Egger's eggs?

Pics
Forgot to update, since it wasn't a jump for joy thing. She did start laying, way back in January, but it was a light cream color of brown. This just means I have to get more chickens, right?

Did you get more Easter Eggers? I have three and I think one might lay soon. Her name is Brownie and she's about 26 weeks old. I saw her in the nesting box laying in there and throwing the pine shavings around/on top of her too. Ahhh the excitement! :wee

Attachments

• IMG_7434.jpg
    IMG_7434.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 12
Hi Thompsonfarm.... I wanted to have mine lay blue eggs---and I kept telling her. She began Feb. 15th...and she lays light pale mint green. they are really pretty---and she lays nearly daily, albeit medium sized eggs.... I think she is fabulous.

My EE's egg is on the left.

Here's an excerpt from my blog of sorts--- and if you haven't already seen the color charts, a link.
BTW good luck with getting blue eggs!

Now, about the color…what a subject! Luckily, F. Decmar for the British Araucana Club, somehow developed an Egg Colour Chart. Subsequently, it made its way to the internet along with matching color charts for Araicana Club of America and Ameraucana Club of America. The charts dropped their ‘u’ crossing the Atlantic and are now color charts.

Soooo I think that Bebe’s egg is between the C9 and C10 and dh thinks it’s C13. But since monitors, printers and printer papers all differ—and paper print outs are reflected light where computer screens are illuminated light--- its comparing apples and oranges. Never-the-less, it is nice to be able to have a firm color in your mind, and I so appreciate the work of F. Decmar and the breed clubs for codifying egg shell colors. It is just another part of the fun. Oh here is a color chart link: http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/BRKArauEgg.html
Mine looks exactly like yours.

Aww, she looks like my EE. I get blue and green eggs from her

Your EE is so cute! They sure look alike and her eggs are so pretty. :love

This is off topic, but I noticed today that she had trouble laying her egg. It was half way out and it took about fifteen minutes for the egg to come out. I have oyster shell in a separate for them and I see them eating it here and there. Fresh water daily, their layer feed from Scratch and Feed, and a bit less than 10% treats made up of vegetables, mealworms, or black soldier flies larvae. I'm new to this and her eggshell doesn't seem thin at all. She's about 27 weeks. I checked her vent and it looks fine no prolapse.

Back
Top Bottom