what color bunnies are these?

They look like normal brokens to me.
Middle picture is black broken might be otter, bottom One is broken castor I think not to sure

Your buck is self broken chocolate Unless he is otter
His genotype is
aabbC-D-E- Or
a^tabbC-D-E-

a because he is self
a because he would not be self if he had anything else

b because he is chocolate
b because if he had any thing else he would not be chocolate

C because Because heis not albino or lacking yellow pigment
- because I don’t now if he carries any thing

D because he is not diluted (if he was he would be lilac)
- because he could carry it

E because he is full colour
- because I don’t no what he carries

The only difference between self chocolate and chocolate otter is the tan gene so only As would change he would be
a^t- because he is otter
a because he had self offspring
yeah on max (the dad) he looks to be a self although he is very white there could be otter so IDK but i dont think so

So the kits can be
Black agouti called castor in rexs or chestnut in most other breeds
AaBbCc^chdB-E-
black self
aaBbCc^chdB-E-
if he is otter
Black otter
a^taBbCc^chdB-E

if the doe carries chocolate then you can get chocolate version of all of these.
And all of them may be broken or not

FCEAB6E4-D0C3-4A20-9CEA-323DB7B84C80.jpeg
The ones circled look like castors

Castor and Chestnut are not the same thing. Castor is Chestnut plus the rufous modifiers. The deep, rich color of the Castor is only achieved with extra yellow/red pigment of the rufous modifiers; without them, what you have is a Chestnut (an unshowable color in both the Rex and Mini Rex). Unless there are Reds or Castors on the pedigree, you can't be sure that full-color Agouti-patterned babies will be Castors; they may just be Chestnuts. You may not even be sure until the babies are Juniors, since the extra red of the rufous may not show up in the baby coat.

You have not said whether the buck might be carrying REW, Cali or Sable. If he is, there is a possibility of getting Chinchillas and even self patterned Chinchillas. You will need to check the ring color on the Agouti patterned babies as it grows in, and eye color on the selfs - self Chins often have gray eyes. A self Chin will not be as intensely black as a true self Black, though you may have to put them side-by-side to see the difference.
i can ask what the linage is but otherwise IDK. here is a better pic of it as it is very hard to see in the back

Attachments

• IMG_20210119_180502.jpg
    IMG_20210119_180502.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 6
Castor and Chestnut are not the same thing. Castor is Chestnut plus the rufous modifiers. The deep, rich color of the Castor is only achieved with extra yellow/red pigment from the rufous modifiers; without them, what you have is a Chestnut (an unshowable color in both the Rex and Mini Rex). Unless there are Reds or Castors on the pedigree, you can't be sure that full-color Agouti-patterned babies will be Castors; they may just be Chestnuts. You may not even be sure until the babies are Juniors, since the extra red of the rufous may not show up in the baby coat.

You have not said whether the buck might be carrying REW, Cali or Sable. If he is, there is a possibility of getting Chinchillas and even self patterned Chinchillas. You will need to check the ring color on the Agouti patterned babies as it grows in, and eye color on the selfs - self Chins often have gray eyes. A self Chin will not be as intensely black as a true self Black, though you may have to put them side-by-side to see the difference.
I would argue that it is castor but not showable castor all most all colours are not showable if you start mixing them.

you are correct about the chinchilla I missed that, but they still look like black agoutis to me since they look slightly brown

Back
Top Bottom