What color eggs does your chicken lay?

F821E935-4901-4AE6-A198-F4CDB2004299.jpeg
Swedish Isbar- olive green withbeither tan speckles or dark brown speckles. Changes with every egg
Polish- white
Ameracauna- light blue with a darker blue pointy end. Narrow/pointed egg
Olive Egger- sage colored egg
Speckled sussex- still waiting
Silver laced Wyandotte- still waiting
Rhode Island Red- still waiting
Barred Rock- still waiting
Barnevelder- still waiting
Chocolate Orpington- still waiting

The two brown eggs in the pic are from some random hens out where my horses are stabled.

C4C3E390-31FC-4F8D-8259-4DB4BE291D85.jpeg

The white long one in the middle is from our Polish, the creamy tan long skinny ones are from our Sicilian Buttercups.

The small oval cream ones at 12:00, 4:00 and 7:00 are from our D’Uccles.

The light brownish pink one on the far left at 8:00 is from our bantam Brahma.

And then the Easter Eggers - they range from a pale solid light blue (1:00) to the green one in the top middle with darker raised speckles.

My favorite, though, is the egg from Lucky (our chick who survived a raccoon attach at 5w old and had a wing ripped off) - she lays the bluish one in the middle left with one end of the shell being a darker speckled gray/greenish color.

I love a varied egg basket!!

Question? With a story: I had 2 black Ameraucana hens wander to my yard last summer. one would eat from my hand the other not at all. The other neighbors dog killed the tame one :( the second one started laying eggs in my hay. I knew they were not fertile so I contacted an egg farmer that had Lavendar Orpington chicken eggs for sale, I bought a dozen. They were light green to a light blue marked LAV. Well after I got her eggs switched out the dog got her too. So I resorted to putting the 12 eggs into an incubator. Two of twelve the eggs hatched, this one lived, she is a Lavendar Orpington. My question, Everything I read it says Orpingtons lay brown to cream. How could my chicks come from blue/light green eggs if that is true?

?
She is obviously an Easter Egger. Her legs are so, so wrong in color. I've seen her picture before and was going to point it out but never did.

Back
Top Bottom