What color eggs will I get.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bulldog-girl, Mar 4, 2009.

1. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    I got some white leghorn cross with GSL. The birds are mostly white wiht a few gold feathers on some. Some are all white. Will they lay white eggs? I figured white would be the dominante gene.

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Leghorns do lay white eggs. White langshan and wht giants lay brown. What is she crossed with? Might make a difference....

3. jlmann

jlmann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    I'm not really sure on this but i'm interested to see how it turns out. I think I remember reading in an article on aracauna's and ameracauna's that blue is the most dominant color (thats why EE's are so varied in appearance) green is a blue egg with a thin coat of brwn on top of it and brown eggs are actually white with a thin layer of brown tint over top of the white. I may be mistaken hopefully someone more "in the know " will correct me cause its an interesting thread..... as for your particular cross I don't know but keep us posted

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  4. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    They are a cross with Golden Sex links.

5. chicken master

chicken master Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    South carolina
    They will lay a light to miedium brown eggs

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Well, sex-links lay brown. Maybe you'll get a nice cream color:/

7. jlmann

jlmann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Since the sex link chickens are a hybrid I don't think they breed true so wow who knows? I guess it would depend on which genes ( the mothers or the fathers) the gsl passed on? sorry i'm not much help ......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by