What color is it? NEW PICS!

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
Mother is Buff orp cross. Father is Partridge Pendensenca. what color would u call this chick. its buff with partridge coloring on its head
and halfway down its back. what color u think it will be when it gets its feathers?

103601_imagejpeg_2.jpeg

Light chick in this pic
103601_imagejpeg_0.jpeg

Last edited:
I've always heard with chipmunk stripes... you get partridge.... partridge is actually the wildtype color pattern... and in most cases, is very dominate over almost all other color patterns.

Except brown-red and black, yes.

The chick won't have a recognized, nameable color, no, but will indeed resemble duckwing. I'm betting either A) the other part of the Orpington cross was a duckwing or partridge carrier or B) that chick got the Wheaten from the Orpington cross.

Quote:
I believe that buff orps are based on eWh and Db. mated to a wild genoty partridge(eb the rest is +genes) the boys could come out looking more like a dark Black Tailed Buff(dark Orange) than buff columbian.

Quote:
I believe that buff orps are based on eWh and Db. mated to a wild genoty partridge(eb the rest is +genes) the boys could come out looking more like a dark Black Tailed Buff(dark Orange) than buff columbian.

thats good to know. ill post pics when its older to show what ot ended up looking like

Back
Top Bottom