What color is my new Call duckling?

Sweetfolly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Kildare, Wisconsin
Hi!

I picked up this Call duckling to be friends with my little solo-hatch Runner yesterday. I saw the parents - the drake was Butterscotch, and the ducks were both White. I know it got a dose of the blue dilution from the Butterscotch drake. So, what color is this little one? Blue Magpie? Blue Bibbed? Blue Mallard Pied? Or just a mutt-color?
tongue.png

PebblesPuddles008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Aren't they?
big_smile.png

It was torture picking out that Call - there were 5 ducklings to choose from, and they were all varying patterns of this same color. Only two of the ducklings had the black streak down their bills, so I chose the lighter one of those - I thought it looked more distinctive.
smile.png

I'm very happy with the duckling I got - I just wish I knew what color this was going to end up being. Waiting for a month or more for feathers to really start coming in is torture!
tongue.png

On another note, I don't know what color the Runner duckling is either. I know she looks White, but my drake is Buff and my duck is White, and they've been throwing light brown ducklings and these yellow ducklings, both with powdery-blue undertones - so, she's not going to be White....but, I think she picked up so many dilution genes she's going to end up nearly-white, like some sort of Splash or Lavender.
hu.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom