1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What color is my new Call duckling?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sweetfolly, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Hi!

I picked up this Call duckling to be friends with my little solo-hatch Runner yesterday. I saw the parents - the drake was Butterscotch, and the ducks were both White. I know it got a dose of the blue dilution from the Butterscotch drake. So, what color is this little one? Blue Magpie? Blue Bibbed? Blue Mallard Pied? Or just a mutt-color? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010

2. supermommy

supermommy Songster

Mar 23, 2009
    central ny
    The one looks very similer to what I hatched out [​IMG] but my female was a black magpie so I dont know..lol Cute babies though:)

3. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:Aren't they? [​IMG]

It was torture picking out that Call - there were 5 ducklings to choose from, and they were all varying patterns of this same color. Only two of the ducklings had the black streak down their bills, so I chose the lighter one of those - I thought it looked more distinctive. [​IMG]

I'm very happy with the duckling I got - I just wish I knew what color this was going to end up being. Waiting for a month or more for feathers to really start coming in is torture! [​IMG]

On another note, I don't know what color the Runner duckling is either. I know she looks White, but my drake is Buff and my duck is White, and they've been throwing light brown ducklings and these yellow ducklings, both with powdery-blue undertones - so, she's not going to be White....but, I think she picked up so many dilution genes she's going to end up nearly-white, like some sort of Splash or Lavender. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by