What Color Is My Silkie?

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
I got 4 silkies yesterday and I'm confused by two of the birds. I don't know what color to call them.

One is light brown with black spots on his head and a stripe down his back, almost like an EE chick.
(I'm thinking it may be a partridge or red one, I'm not sure)

The other one looks like the color would be buff, except there is a tiny black half inch stripe on the back of his head.

Sorry I can't post any pics, need to get camera fixed and cell takes horrible pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I forgot they are from Ideal. Thanks for answering.
jumpy.gif

No problem. I don't have much experience with the buff color though. One thing about I noticed though with Ideal is some of their birds have wrong coloring or look like mutts so it could be anything with that black spot. Also if you bought the grey silkies they have a bit of the partridge look too only with more greyish tone to them.

The feed store that ordered them for me never told me what color they were. I just told them I want 4 silkies and they called ideal to add them to a pre exsisting order.

And after I already had these ordered, I found an actual breeder not too far away.

Cool. I have had white silkies and black ones for most of my time raising them and got a few blues from crossing them. I never really had anything different till this year I started buying different colors. I am curious about the breeder you found as I live not far from San Antonio.

Back
Top Bottom