1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What color is this D'Uccle??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hippichick, Feb 1, 2009.

1. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    This chick is just a day old. Dad is a Mille Fleur. Mom is a Self Blue or a Mille Fleur. Can anyone tell me what his color will be.

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Paula

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    should be millie but i don't remember any of my babies looking that pattern before. [​IMG]

3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Doesn't look like my millie babies did. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when it gets older.

4. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I know. I don't see it as a Millie either. I've got a couple of Millies hatched as well, and they're darker. I just don't know what this color is. There is nothing in this pen other than a Millie Roo and Self Blue and Millie hens. A Porcelain would be silver-blue, right?

Paula

5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I'm not sure but you should do a photo shoot with that baby because her little stripes are striking!

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I have a self blue roo and a mille hen.... I am interested to see how that baby develops! [​IMG] Please do be sure to post more pics [​IMG]

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Very interesting. Here are my day old mille chicks. I am wondering if my "lighter" colored one is fathered by the porcelain.

[​IMG]

It has the most distinct stripes of my three, but yours is striped almost like an EE.

8. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I've got 3 or 4 that have hatched out this color. I'll try to get a pic of them all this afternoon with the little Millie that hatched. I thought that self blue to millie would produce porcelain, but I recently read that is not until the 2nd generation. So, I don't know.

Guitarists, do you have a baby from these 2 right now. Or have you not gotten any babies from them yet?

PJ, is your lighter one in the pic a D'uccle also?

And, Horsefeathers, thanks, I think they're cute also.

Paula:)

9. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    May possible be a porcelain.

10. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

this is what my self blue duccle chick looked like [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by