What Color is this Runner Duckling?

View attachment 2663687One of my drakes from last years hatch, His dad is Blk Runner his mom was fawn and white.View attachment 2663691
Oh my goodness, he is absolutely stunning! :eek::celebrate:love

Your drakeā€™s colors remind me of Naluā€™s, I would be so pleased if he ended up looking similar! šŸ¤©šŸ„°šŸ„³
Iā€™m guessing Nalu is a black runner x fawn and white runner mix, because of his black feathers, and his super dark head. I will continue to post pictures of them as they grow! ā™„ļø

It would definitely make sense if (s)he is a fawn or white mixed with a blue, her colors are so strange! They look far from pure color.
Your babies are soo cute, I'm in love with the mixed color flock! šŸ˜
Your silvers look similar to Donut, (that's the duckling in question's name) but she seems to have a slightly darker tint, and those orangeish brown feathers are definitely not full silver! I will keep updating photos of her as she grows, thank you so much for sharing!šŸ„°
My ducks are f&w x black cross and came with slightly similar patches of color! My lil ducks are that lavender lilac shad with patches of the fawn feathers hidden throughout!

Photos of Yin and Yang the identical twins šŸ˜‚
View attachment 2663665
View attachment 2663666View attachment 2663667
yin and yang in the front, donut in the back.
wait omg they are way cuter than I could have imagined omg show the parents too
was going to attach pics but my children cannot follow these guys. the bar has been set too damn high!

wait omg they are way cuter than I could have imagined omg show the parents too
was going to attach pics but my children cannot follow these guys. the bar has been set too damn high!
Sadly I donā€™t have photos of the parents, it would be much easier to figure out what colors they are if I did. Though Iā€™m fairly sure that Nalu is a black x fawn and white runner, and this morning Yin had solid dark chocolate feathers coming in on her back. So my assumption is that Yin and Yang are Chocolate x Fawn and White mixes

Aloha! I have some updated duck photos and gender reveals! Two out of five ducks are girls, itā€™s Daisy and Nalu! Yin, Yang, and Donut are all presumably drakes as they have not started quacking yet.

Pics of Daisy Duck!
View attachment 2687058View attachment 2687059
Nalu!

View attachment 2687062View attachment 2687063View attachment 2687065View attachment 2687060
Donut!
View attachment 2687066
View attachment 2687064
Yin and Yang!

View attachment 2687071
yin in the middle
View attachment 2687069
The drake squad
View attachment 2687070
View attachment 2687072
View attachment 2687073
Group photos!View attachment 2687075 View attachment 2687076
They are all so gorgeous!!!! ā¤ļø

Are there any pictures of it as a very young duckling?
Sadly not, there used to be a photo up of this duckling with its siblings (and lots of others) on craigslist, but the breeder took it down once he sold them all. I hadn't thought to keep the picture. :(
I do remember seeing a few fawn and white runners in there though. Most of them were chocolate and a couple of blacks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom