What Color is this Runner Duckling?

HawaiiCoyote

Poultry Thief
Feb 12, 2021
Hawaii Island
Hello Again!
After the loss of a duckling due to failure to thrive, I had a lonely duckling that was in need of some friends. :hitLuckily, I had already made plans that morning to get a few more from a breeder, all went smoothly and now I am a duck mom of 5.
I noticed right away that one of the ducklings had lighter coloring than the rest, with some interesting feathers coming in under the wings and the tail. The breeder didn't tell me anything about the parent ducks, so all I know is that they are Indian runners. :he

If anyone has any clues on what this duckling is going to feather out like, I would love to hear it! Big mahalo!
image3 (9).jpeg image2 (9).jpeg

As seen here, this duckling has yellow legs
image1 (20).jpeg

Here is a photo of the tail
image4 (4).jpeg

image6 (2).jpeg

And under the wing

image5 (4).jpeg

So baffling! My silvers are 3 weeks old and have almost whitish feathers coming in...I attached pics. They're the lighter ones in the group pic. If you saw fawn and whites with the flock and you have the brown feathers coming in, maybe they're a fawn/white mixed with a blue?? Either way I'm really excited to see what colors he ends up. Definitely keep us posted!

Attachments

• 20210427_180004.jpg
    20210427_180004.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210428_203035.jpg
    20210428_203035.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 15
said I wouldn't but oops I did, here's mine:
tempImagebOnpHT.png

pooping in the foyer ^ & snoozin in the car
tempImage4TNxlu.png

They've got f&w on their dad's side and bibbed genes on their mom's side so they've got fat patches of white all over. The one with the white head (Chomp) has that rusty fawn color sandwiched between her lil lilac feathers.
both yours & @Miss Lydia 's are so cool, I'm fully obsessed with your ducks' little fawn chests :bow I'll take them all thank you vm

said I wouldn't but oops I did, here's mine:
View attachment 2664301
pooping in the foyer ^ & snoozin in the car
View attachment 2664298
They've got f&w on their dad's side and bibbed genes on their mom's side so they've got fat patches of white all over. The one with the white head (Chomp) has that rusty fawn color sandwiched between her lil lilac feathers.
both yours & @Miss Lydia 's are so cool, I'm fully obsessed with your ducks' little fawn chests :bow I'll take them all thank you vm
Oh my gosh!! They look like penguins!!!! They are adorable 😍

So baffling! My silvers are 3 weeks old and have almost whitish feathers coming in...I attached pics. They're the lighter ones in the group pic. If you saw fawn and whites with the flock and you have the brown feathers coming in, maybe they're a fawn/white mixed with a blue?? Either way I'm really excited to see what colors he ends up. Definitely keep us posted!
It would definitely make sense if (s)he is a fawn or white mixed with a blue, her colors are so strange! They look far from pure color.
Your babies are soo cute, I'm in love with the mixed color flock! 😍
Your silvers look similar to Donut, (that's the duckling in question's name) but she seems to have a slightly darker tint, and those orangeish brown feathers are definitely not full silver! I will keep updating photos of her as she grows, thank you so much for sharing!🥰

Back
Top Bottom