What color/pattern are these Calls?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Aug 23, 2010.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been looking around and am a bit confused .... are these snowy Calls, silver or what? Also, does the dark head on the one indicate a drake? They are young and not quite feathered out fully. TKS!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    I was going to say that the mostly White one looks like a mismarked Blue Magpie Call...except I dunno about that light tan patch on her head. [​IMG] I'd call her a mixed color, with the Magpie pattern. [​IMG]

And the other one looks more like a Snowy than a Silver to me, but they can overlap so much in appearance that I don't feel very confident even guessing! [​IMG]

I can tell you that they're not a pair in the same color. They're cute together though! [​IMG]

Edited to add: Can you voice-sex them yet? They look plenty old enough. I don't know about the darker head, I always rely on voice.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  3. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    They are beautiful!![​IMG]

4. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't been able to voice sex them yet. They both sound pretty peeping to me yet. The whiter one does make a single Mweep sound on occassion & thought that may be the start of a quack. Do they have a "splash" color for Calls?

Thanks chikky! [​IMG] I think they are the cutest little duckies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by