What colors will be dominant if I mixed between these two chickens?

ijcastillo

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2021
Hi, I was told my rooster is a gamefowl mix in a previous thread and my hen is a mix of possible long tailed chicken like a Yokohama or Phoenix mix. I thought it would be pretty cool to breed these two but am wondering what colors I would get. My rooster is like dark brown/ black and my hen is off white. Im curious to read your opinions, thanks!

Attachments

• 6FF6D295-EAD7-4F4D-A46D-69E9518684BC.jpeg
    6FF6D295-EAD7-4F4D-A46D-69E9518684BC.jpeg
    760.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 55E1593C-7078-42FD-ABE7-E41FD9472C59.jpeg
    55E1593C-7078-42FD-ABE7-E41FD9472C59.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 7
I wanted to point out that the rooster looks like a southern rambler mix.
I just culled the last of my southern rambler cockerels, but they matched your rooster exactly except for the size difference (they were much bigger).

I would guess the chicks would be mostly black with occasional red-orange markings and a few white patches.

Since both the male and female have white earlobes, one thing you can almost guarantee is that the chicks will have white earlobes (I think..?).

Last edited:
You could always play around in the chicken calculator:
kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

If you scroll down the list, there's 'chicken quest', which is supposed to give you their likely genetics through answering a few questions about your bird.

Is very fun to play around in, but also pretty high-level. You plug in a male and female, tell it to calculate, then head over to the punnet square for your results.

Hi, I was told my rooster is a gamefowl mix in a previous thread and my hen is a mix of possible long tailed chicken like a Yokohama or Phoenix mix. I thought it would be pretty cool to breed these two but am wondering what colors I would get. My rooster is like dark brown/ black and my hen is off white. Im curious to read your opinions, thanks!
If the hen is dominant white, all or half of the chicks will be mostly white, perhaps with red leakage. However, she may be something other than dominant white.

Back
Top Bottom