What Colour Am I?

bemba

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Mary Valley QLD.
Hey guys, I thought this runner boy was mallard pied..... but now not so sure, note the specelum feathers, and the beak colour, What do you think?

48408_hello_ducks_008.jpg

48408_hello_ducks_015.jpg

48408_hello_ducks_037.jpg

Wow he is nice, looks like the mallard salt and pepper coming through, although I am not an expert on colors, Hopefully someone else will help. Good luck!

Hey David-

Do you have more pictures of him as a duckling? Also, do you have pictures of his under wing coloration or can you tell me what color it is? Let me know again on what colors were in the flock he came out of too. I think you posted that before, but I am headed out for a few hours and won't be able to look back for that thread until later in the evening. Maybe with all that information, we can come up with a good guess. I saw the thread on the other site as well, but haven't read through it yet.
smile.png

I think he is just Dusky based rather than Wild type. He may have the Brown dilution of the Penciled, but I am not so sure (US Penciled is Dusky with Runner pattern and Brown dilution). There really are a number of slight genetic variations that could give a similar color.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the comments!!! Hi Dana, these are some pics of them as ducklings, no eyestripes, but appear to have eyespots on the rump, but not sure if its just pied markings. The parents apparenlty were 2 white drakes running with all different coloured females. The other pic is one of my fav girls with her fledglings, what would you call her colour? I know, i know I'm a bit passionate LOL.

48408_dogs_and_ducks_david_062.jpg

48408_outback_new_south_wales_253.jpg

48408_outback_new_south_wales_254.jpg

Hey Rollyard, My friend Rosie (pheonix poultry) has put up some pics of my ducks on another site to see if she can come up with the colour for me.

Back
Top Bottom