What colour is this Coturnix?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by leahthor, Mar 9, 2011.

1. leahthor

leahthor Chirping

Jun 24, 2010
    Northwestern Alberta
    So I went and picked up a few more birds and this girl has me confused. She has the markings similar to an Italian Gold but she isn't gold, she's white and a very pale grey colour (much lighter in real life than in the picture). What colour would you call her? I should mention that she is so light its almost an off white colour.

[​IMG]

This second photo is just cause I love her! She too is much lighter in colour than in the photo.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    The first one would be silver pied. The second bleu.

3. leahthor

leahthor Chirping

Jun 24, 2010
    Northwestern Alberta
    Thanks! So that's what a silver looks like, cool! The fellow I bought them off was having problems hatching out his silvers so I was only able to get those 2 and both are females. He said to get the bleu he breeds them to a wildtype. But what would you breed the silver pied to to get more like her?

From you help last time I thought the second one was a bleu but its good to have confirmation.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  4. peewee

peewee Songster

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I REALLY wish those were here. Those are the ones that I have been wanting for years!! Very beautiful birds!!

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:The silver color is extremely lethal. The hens only show the color, the males will be white in color. I will get into this in the morn as I am drifting off to sleep [​IMG]

6. leahthor

leahthor Chirping

Jun 24, 2010
    Northwestern Alberta
    That would be great, thanks for your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: