What colour will these button quail chicks be?

WingFeather

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
UK
Hello!

I've just hatched four pretty cute button quail chicks, (never incubated before)
Two are solid yellow so I assume they'll be all white if it's the same for quails as chickens.. I'd be interested to know what colour/type the other two will be, thanks if you can help! :)

oh they are sooo cute . i also had the chance of hatching just one under my pigeon but it died a little after that .
sorry cant say what what colour they will be , may the ordinary colour only ...all quails i see in the market are quite the same colour , unlike chickens .

lets jus see wat colour they turn out to be ...aand will u be trying to tame them ?

aw that's a shame, did you have to take it from the pigeon after it hatched?
The eggs I bought were 'mixed' and there was a list of colour variations but I can't remember them, but yeah it doesn't really matter, I was just interested.
tongue.png

I would like them to be easy to handle when they're bigger so i'm trying to handle them alot! :)

the one on the right on the bottom picture either looks like a cinnamon or slate.

The one on the bottom right of your last photo looks like mine did after hatching -- the two tan lines running down its back and overall coloring are identical to what mine had. I am still questioning what variety it is, but you can see what it looks like now on another thread (scroll down to bottom of page for latest photos)...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/770528/please-help-identify-mystery-button-chick

I've been told it is either smokey or cinnamon. If you notice the feathers coming in silvery/white/grey with tan tips, then you and I have the same bird!

Congratulations on your gorgeous new button chicks!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom