what could it be?

Get a great pyranese dog and raise it with your birds. This will eliminate all of your four legged predators. It' worked for me and now my worst predator is the hawks on my free ranged birds.

Get a great pyranese dog and raise it with your birds. This will eliminate all of your four legged predators. It' worked for me and now my worst predator is the hawks on my free ranged birds.
-that is if you dont mind your chickens prob falling to the jaws of it

I have 3 big boxers. unfortunately they just get sprayed if they bother to go outside at all...lol

-that is if you dont mind your chickens prob falling to the jaws of it
CKN is referring to a LGD, which is a dog that you raise simply for the protection of livestock. These dogs are bred to have a pack mentality toward any animal that it is raised with. Great Pyrenees are the most popular, they are large friendly dogs and I have NEVER heard of anyone losing any livestock to one that is raised and trained to protect them.

After 20+ years with chickens, I've learned to ALWAYS lock them up at night, and let them out well after dawn. I have a very secure coop, and a pretty good run, so they are in the coop every night. I only feed in the coop and run, never scatter stuff outside. And those live traps are set whenever they are needed, for weeks at a time. When I quit feeding outside of the run fewer critters came by at night too. Mostly we have problems with raccoons, possums, and skunks. The bodies go down groundhog holes, also a big help in getting them to move elsewhere. Mary

Well I just killed my 3rd skunk in last two weeks. I drown this one like the last. Pulled it out of water and left it dead in trap while I went to go make coffee. When I came out 20 min later it was breathing again and trying to raise its head. It was under water a good 5min . What a strange morning.

Back
Top Bottom