What counts as day 1?

Winnie123

Chirping
Apr 25, 2020
When you set your eggs in the incubator, does that day count as day 1? Or does the next day count as day 1?

I set my eggs at 8pm on Friday June 26th. I was thinking that tonight would officially be day 21... but I’m wondering now if tomorrow night will count as day 21?

I still don’t hear any peeping yet and I am worried!

Thanks!

I put them into lockdown on what I thought was day 17 since they are Silkie eggs but I’m realizing now that was actually day 16. Could I have hurt them by doing that maybe?

When you set your eggs in the incubator, does that day count as day 1? Or does the next day count as day 1?

I set my eggs at 8pm on Friday June 26th. I was thinking that tonight would officially be day 21... but I’m wondering now if tomorrow night will count as day 21?

Next day

The day after you put them in (24 hours later) is day 1. I have locked down eggs a week early before with no problems. It won't hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom