WHAT DID I DO WRONG???!!😭😭

Mz Luv

In the Brooder
May 25, 2022
I had an egg under a hen that started pipping yesterday. It got far enough last night that there was an external crack so I left it until this morning. When i checked it this morning there had been no progress. When i candled it I could see the chick jumping around trying to peck out. So I carefully opened a small hole in the air sac so the chick could breath. It popped its beak out and part of its wing and started to breath. Because I was concerned this could be a sticky chick I lightly spritzed it with water...put a drop of water in its mouth and put it backed under the hen. Checked a couple hours Later and the chick had not been able to get out. At that point I felt it was getting exhausted. So I continued to lightly take off the shell. There was no blood ..in fact the chick wasnt even attached to the shell. Once out the chick was kicking and very lively. Still looked a little thirsty. I went to put a drop of water in its mouth and somehow the lid came off the spritz bottle and cold water poured on the chick. I. Dried him off completely and put him back under the hen. An hour later the chick was dead
chick was dead. I m heartbroken. Please weigh in.

Back
Top Bottom