What did I get in my trade?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by tamsflock, Jun 14, 2009.

1. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    I traded yesterday some of my regular brown coturnix for these 2. The larger in my hand is a male but is the smaller one a female? I hope:weee I think they are diff ages.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are what I traded He had some of the same but when he put mine in the cage with his I noticed my white was alot more yellow then his so with the 2 nxt to each other mine looked golden and brown and his looked white with Brown?
    [​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:as i pmed you back about the first two are red tibetans [​IMG] aka blacks or dark tibetans [​IMG] (i love these).

And the ones on the bottom almost look like red goldens (both) however they are young so you can't relaly go off of that. Also i dunon if you know but the one on the left is a hen the one on the right is a young roo [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  3. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    ;)Yep, You taught me how to sex them at 3 weeks I flooded you with pictures at that time!!
    So red Golden is not a regular brown then?

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:nopers (if that's what yours are) and dont get confsued either sometimes i say golden red other times i say red golden obviously i cant stick with one saying for the same color [​IMG]

I sent you picture examples but fo ranyone else who's curious heres how to tell::::

Golden red (red golden lol) on the left (a hen) next to a normal brown hen:
    [​IMG]

Golden red (red golden) on the bottom and normal brown on top:
    [​IMG]

Also, golden reds are also known as fawn/gingers [​IMG]

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    BTW yours ARE REd goldens (well were since you traded them) lol

look at the beak color! Yours had red beaks! Normal browns dont! darn it! i feel bad for you! [​IMG]

6. SportTees

SportTees Songster

They are a Pretty color. I miss my coturnix

7. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Songster

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    [​IMG] I thought this might have been about another trade. [​IMG]

8. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Your bobwhites are doing good. I had one fly the coop on me open to feed them and he flew right over my head. He is still out there he lets me see him then flies away. [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:as i pmed you back about the first two are red tibetans [​IMG] aka blacks or dark tibetans [​IMG] (i love these).

And the ones on the bottom almost look like red goldens (both) however they are young so you can't relaly go off of that. Also i dunon if you know but the one on the left is a hen the one on the right is a young roo [​IMG]

I wish you'd make up your mind what you are going to call them!! [​IMG]

So are these reds the same as my reds? Or are they different? I have 6 of them like this, some are tuxedoed and some aren't, from the eggs I got from Teach97 [​IMG]

So are they the same as the ones I bought the other day or what?

(At least I think that's what my other ones look like!! I'd have to get pics to be sure! [​IMG] )

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  10. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania

I wish you'd make up your mind what you are going to call them!! [​IMG]

So are these reds the same as my reds? Or are they different? I have 6 of them like this, some are tuxedoed and some aren't, from the eggs I got from Teach97 [​IMG]
    are you meaing your reds you just bought from some guy? if so, no yours are true reds, hers are red tibetans.
    So are they the same as the ones I bought the other day or what?
    no lol
    (At least I think that's what my other ones look like!! I'd have to get pics to be sure! [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: