What did I get?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by orchard17, Dec 1, 2009.

1. orchard17

orchard17 Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2009
    Barrington, NH
    I've got two what I am told were "true blue rumpless" at home. They are wiley things so pics are hard to come by. They are both small (bantams I assume). The hen is totally white and not really developed looking although she just started laying small bluish/green eggs. The roo is not really developed either but is crowing and "fond of" the hen. He is a dirty white with brown/black/reddish streaks on his back. Both are rumpless and non-tufted. Are they aracaunas? Why are their features (combs, etc.) so underdeveloped looking when they are obviously sexually mature? Any info at all would be appreciated and I'll keep trying with the pics.

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Araucanas have small Pea comb which is small compare to other breeds.Your birds seems to be Splash color

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    We need pictures to be sure of everything. Are you sure that they are actually rumpless? One of my first RIR girls had her tail feathers picked out, and I mistakenly thought I had had some sort of exotic chicken! [​IMG]

There really isnt any other way to tell except with pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by