what did i get?

Peas-n-Carrots

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Got these cuties 1 week ago (3/4/11) from local feed store & I guess they should've only been few days old? We had decided we wanted to go with all BO & they man said these were marked "Buff" when they came in. I assumed he must know more than me & I was really anxious to get some so I told him to pick me out 3. Now that their feathers are coming in I'm starting to think that he didn't know so much - do you think they could be RIR? They're pretty and we've gotten attached so i'm sure we'll keep them, I'm just mad at myself for not being more careful:(
82240_8_chick_3-12-11.jpg

82240_4_chick_3-12-11.jpg

82240_1chick_3-12-11.jpg

82240_2_chick_3-12-11.jpg

82240_7_chick_3-12-11.jpg

Last edited:
Are these the chicks in your avatar? If so, it's hard to tell since it's such a small picture. Can you post pictures in the thread instead?

what about the light colored one in the 4th picture. Do you think it's the same breed or maybe just younger? Husband is concerned that i may've picked out a breed that doesnt lay well & isn't dual breed - that's why we wanted to BO's so much. We were hoping that if one of the three was a roo we could've bred them to get more orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom