what did i get?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Peas-n-Carrots, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Peas-n-Carrots

Peas-n-Carrots In the Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    Got these cuties 1 week ago (3/4/11) from local feed store & I guess they should've only been few days old? We had decided we wanted to go with all BO & they man said these were marked "Buff" when they came in. I assumed he must know more than me & I was really anxious to get some so I told him to pick me out 3. Now that their feathers are coming in I'm starting to think that he didn't know so much - do you think they could be RIR? They're pretty and we've gotten attached so i'm sure we'll keep them, I'm just mad at myself for not being more careful:(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. mom2jedi

mom2jedi Songster

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Are these the chicks in your avatar? If so, it's hard to tell since it's such a small picture. Can you post pictures in the thread instead?

3. Peas-n-Carrots

Mar 10, 2011
    sorry - I went back & added pics (forgot 'em the first time:rolleyes:)

4. schellie69

schellie69 Songster

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    maybe red sex-link or New Hampshire reds. I don't think those are BO they are so cute.

5. Peas-n-Carrots

Mar 10, 2011
    the one closest to the front in the 2nd pic looks like he/she has lost something:lol:

6. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Songster

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't think they're RIRs or RSLs, my RSLs didn't feather out that way. Maybe it's a bantam or mix?

7. WhetzelMomma

WhetzelMomma Songster

Sep 8, 2009
    Canyonville
    That's not what my golden sex links OR my RIR looked like as chicks... but I don't know what they might be... lol

8. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    New Hampshire Red

9. Peas-n-Carrots

Mar 10, 2011
    what about the light colored one in the 4th picture. Do you think it's the same breed or maybe just younger? Husband is concerned that i may've picked out a breed that doesnt lay well & isn't dual breed - that's why we wanted to BO's so much. We were hoping that if one of the three was a roo we could've bred them to get more orpingtons.

10. Chickenfur

Chickenfur Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    On Earth :)
    they aren't RIRs, they have the wrong color legs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: