What Did I Just Bring Home?

The baby adoption was successful! It took a couple of tries, and I got very, very little sleep. I just checked on them for the billionth time, and the littles were running around the isolation pen (formerly known as the duck house), peeping happily and mama was clucking away in that way that mama hens do. Such a relief! First go last night was rough. Thought I'd have to put them under my Silkie.

But the whole reason I got them was to end this hen's seemingly self-destructive broodiness. It's been over a month! I'll be much happier when mama Aster is eating again. She and my top hen are BFFs. I hope that relationship renews itself after being interrupted for so long.

The baby adoption was successful! It took a couple of tries, and I got very, very little sleep. I just checked on them for the billionth time, and the littles were running around the isolation pen (formerly known as the duck house), peeping happily and mama was clucking away in that way that mama hens do. Such a relief! First go last night was rough. Thought I'd have to put them under my Silkie.

But the whole reason I got them was to end this hen's seemingly self-destructive broodiness. It's been over a month! I'll be much happier when mama Aster is eating again. She and my top hen are BFFs. I hope that relationship renews itself after being interrupted for so long.
Oh that is so sweet. I woke up this morning to MY broody with a chick sticking out of her wing!
04BB9F01-5E67-4F24-A9ED-6842A6EAC108.jpeg

Oh that is so sweet. I woke up this morning to MY broody with a chick sticking out of her wing! View attachment 2776477
The BEST! I love when that happens. One of the cutest sights you'll ever see! ❤❤❤
Also, here was one of my spitzhaubens when she was a little bit older than yours- looks quite similar in my eyes!
View attachment 2776480
Certainly does! I can see the little mohawk coming in on mine now, too, like you can see in your pic. I'm feeling pretty confident that's what I have now! Thanks for posting!

@Aunt Angus Congrat's on getting your new chick's, and in getting a Naked Neck! I love them! Here's some that I hatched out before from my flock last year:

View attachment 2776517
Thanks! I was super excited when I saw it in the "Blue Andalusian" bin. Naked necks have been on my chicken wish list forever! So have Lavender Orps and Spitzhaubens, for that matter. It was a good haul!

Now, hopefully, they are all girls....

Thanks! I was super excited when I saw it in the "Blue Andalusian" bin. Naked necks have been on my chicken wish list forever! So have Lavender Orps and Spitzhaubens, for that matter. It was a good haul!

Now, hopefully, they are all girls....

I have had some non human aggressive rooster of the Naked Neck's, and I do keep rooster's over here. I have rehomed some of those good boy's, and they have gone on to breed more chick's for the new owner's.

Back
Top Bottom